The phpSHIELD is a software which is used to encode the php pages, It is an excellent product for encoding php files if you don’t require any time limiting, IP/Domain locking or the powerful licensing features contained within SourceGuardian . phpSHIELD protects your PHP Source Code with a powerful, easy to use encoder, which creates a native byte code version of the script and then encrypts it.
Most of application require the phpSHIELD loaders like the phpmotion …
How to install the phpSHIELD Loaders on Linux server?
• Download the appropriate OS version phpSHIELD Loaders though
#cd /usr/src/ #wget http://www.phpshield.com/loaders/phpshield.loaders.linux.zip
• uncompress the phpSHIELD loader zip file
• You will need to determine the path to your php “extensions library” use a phpinfo() file to check this. It will look something like this /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613(example only)
you can use following command on ssh shell to check extension library path
#php –i |grep extension_dir
• check the php version then you will then need to copy 1 file to this “extension library” folder. If php 5.2.X version is running on server then copy the phpshield.5.2.lin (for Linux server) OR phpshield.5.2.win (for Windows server) file to the “extensions library” location.
• Open the php.ini configuration file (located in /usr/local/lib/ or you can use php -i |grep php.ini command to find exact running php.ini file location ), and add the following line below extension_dir line
extension="phpshield.5.2.lin" (for Linux server)
extension="phpshield.5.2.win" (for Windows server)
That’s it , phpSHIELD Loaders is successfully installed on your server, You can verify it by creating php info file under your public_html folder,if it is sucessfully installed you will see following phpSHILED information in php info file.